Organic Lion's Mane Mushroom Powder 30 g
Organic Lion's Mane Mushroom Powder 30 g
Organic Lion's Mane Mushroom Powder for Dogs
Discover the secret to a sharper mind for your four-legged companion with our Organic Lion's Mane Mushroom Powder. For centuries, Lion’s Mane mushrooms have been revered in traditional Chinese medicine for their ability to support memory and brain function. At Woofshrooms, we take pride in nurturing each batch of our Lion’s Mane mushrooms for over two months. This extra care ensures that every serving of our organic powder is rich in essential nutrients.
Lion's Mane mushroom is believed to offer potential benefits in:
✔️ Enhancing cognitive function¹
✔️ Supporting the immune system²
This product has been tested for pesticides, artificial fertilisers, heavy metals, e.coli, yeast, mould, salmonella and foreign matter. It contains no bulking agents, added sugar, palm oil or GMO.
The potential benefits of Lion's Mane mushroom as a health supplement are often associated with cognitive support and immune enhancement.
✔️ COGNITIVE SUPPORT
Lion's Mane powder is traditionally known for helping with cognitive function, memory, and mental acuity³. They may offer potential benefits especially for senior pets, including potential support for cognitive function¹.
The traditional medicinal mushroom Lion’s Mane is recognized for its potential in supporting nerve regeneration. In a recent study, scientists uncovered new compounds in this mushroom that enhance the growth of nerve cells in the brain. Among these compounds, NDPIH stands out for its remarkable ability to stimulate the growth of intricate branches on brain cells, even in the absence of certain typical growth factors. Additionally, NDPIH appears to enhance certain brain signals. As a result, this mushroom and its compounds contribute to improved brain cell growth and memory, shedding light on a novel pathway that continues to intrigue scientists⁴.
✔️ IMMUNE-SYSTEM SUPPORT
Lion's Mane Mushroom is believed to offer promising support to the immune system. It is thought to possess qualities that can contribute to maintaining a healthy immune system². This natural remedy is widely recognized for its potential to positively influence the immune system. Researchers suggest that these mushroom extracts can enhance the immune system's functioning, and their discovery of a substance called beta-glucan in the extracts could be a key factor in this effect⁵.
Our Organic Lion's Mane Mushroom Powder for dogs (Hericium Erinaceus) is a pure powder made from organic Lion's Mane mushroom fruiting body. It's dried at low temperatures and then milled, making it a non-extract product.
We source the Organic Lion's Mane mushroom powder in Slovenia and China, where this remarkable fungus has been utilised for centuries in traditional medicine.
Dosage for Dogs
Dosage for Dogs
We recommend starting with a Lion’s Mane dosage of 0.155 g (approx. 32th of a teaspoon) per 15 kg of weight for the first 3 days.
The highest dosing that we would consider appropriate for your pet would consist of a single gram of Lion’s Mane powder (1/2 tsp) for each 15 kg of body weight of your pet, per day. Although, if you’re not looking to help with a serious medical issue, half of this amount should prove sufficient for maintenance or minor issues.
(1) I-Chen Li, Li-Ya Lee, Tsai-Teng Tzeng, Wan-Ping Chen, Yen-Po Chen, Young-Ju Shiao, and Chin-Chu Chen. "Neurohealth Properties of Hericium erinaceus Mycelia Enriched with Erinacines." Behav Neurol. 2018; 2018: 5802634. Published online May 21, 2018. DOI: 10.1155/2018/5802634. PMCID: PMC5987239. PMID: 29951133.
(2) Sung Phil Kim, Eunpyo Moon, Seok Hyun Nam, Mendel Friedman, et al. "Hericium erinaceus Mushroom Extracts Protect Infected Mice Against Salmonella Typhimurium-Induced Liver Damage and Mortality by Stimulation of Innate Immune Cells." J Agric Food Chem. 2012 Jun 6;60(22):5590-5596. Epub 2012 May 24. DOI: 10.1021/jf300897w. PMID: 22624604.
(3) Puei-Lene Lai, Murali Naidu, Vikineswary Sabaratnam, Kah-Hui Wong, Rosie Pamela David, Umah Rani Kuppusamy, Noorlidah Abdullah, Sri Nurestri A Malek. "Neurotrophic Properties of the Lion's Mane Medicinal Mushroom, Hericium erinaceus (Higher Basidiomycetes) from Malaysia." Int J Med Mushrooms. 2013; 15(6): 539-54. DOI: 10.1615/intjmedmushr.v15.i6.30. PMID: 24266378.
(4) Ramón Martínez-Mármol, YeJin Chai, Jacinta N. Conroy, Zahra Khan, Seong-Min Hong, Seon Beom Kim, Rachel S. Gormal, Dae Hee Lee, Jae Kang Lee, Elizabeth J. Coulson, Mi Kyeong Lee, et al. "Hericerin Derivatives Activate a Pan-Neurotrophic Pathway in Central Hippocampal Neurons Converging to ERK1/2 Signaling, Enhancing Spatial Memory." First published: January 20, 2023. DOI: 10.1111/jnc.15767.
(5) Chen SN, Chang CS, Yang MF, Chen S, Soni M, Mahadevand B. "Subchronic toxicity and genotoxicity studies of Hericium erinaceus β-glucan extract preparation." Curr Res Toxicol. 2022;3:100068. Published online March 11, 2022. doi: 10.1016/j.crtox.2022.100068. PMCID: PMC8942846. PMID: 35341120.
Does mushroom powder have any side effects for dogs?
Mushroom powder is generally considered safe for dogs when used as directed and in appropriate doses. However, as with any supplement or dietary change, individual dogs may react differently. Before introducing mushroom powder to your dog's diet, and if you observe any unusual symptoms or have concerns, we recommend consulting with a veterinarian for guidance and to address any specific health-related questions.
What is the recommended duration for using mushroom powder? Is it safe for long-term use?
Mushroom powder can typically be used for extended periods as part of a long-term wellness regimen for your dog. It is considered safe for continuous use, but the ideal duration may vary depending on your dog's specific health goals and individual needs. Many dog owners incorporate mushroom powder into their dog's daily diet as part of a holistic approach to overall well-being.
It's essential to consult with a veterinarian to determine the most suitable duration and dosage, especially if your dog has specific health concerns.
How can I incorporate mushroom powder into my dog's diet?
Incorporating Turkey Tail mushroom powder into your dog's diet is typically straightforward and can often be mixed with their regular food. Here's a general guideline:
- Sprinkle on Food: You can sprinkle the recommended dosage of Turkey Tail mushroom powder directly onto your dog's regular food. Mixing it well with the food ensures your dog consumes it.
- Mix with Treats: If your dog enjoys treats, you can sprinkle the powder onto their treats or mix it into treat ingredients.
- Create a Gravy or Paste: Some dog owners mix the powder with a small amount of water to create a paste or gravy-like consistency, which can then be poured over the food.
- Homemade Dog Food: If you prepare homemade meals for your dog, you can incorporate the powder directly into their meals.
Ensure you follow the recommended dosage based on your dog's weight and health needs. Starting with a small amount and gradually increasing it over a few days can help your dog adjust to the new addition.